As I am heading back to work next week and my kiddies back to school, I have been making a few things to pop into the freezer to help fill our lunch boxes.
I love these muffins! I have been making these muffins for as long as I have been a mum. I have made them for playgroup morning teas, I have given them to sisters and friends as a healthy snack in those early weeks with their newborns, I have made them for my babies for preschool and school recess snacks. They are on the healthier side with fruit and bran and I have used spelt flours so as to avoid wheat. It is also a great way to use some of your homemade TMX yoghurt 😉
I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
Banana and Yoghurt Muffins (Wheat Free)
Preheat oven 180 degrees.
120 grams White Spelt Flour (1 cup)
120 grams Wholemeal Spelt Flour (1 cup)
1 teaspoon baking powder
60 grams oat bran (1/2 cup)
100 grams raw sugar (1/2 cup)
75 grams golden syrup (1/4 cup)
100grams butter (cut into small pieces)
180grams yoghurt (3/4 cup)
60 grams milk (1/4 cup)
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 small bananas
- Peel, cut banana into 3 pieces and blitz 5 seconds / speed 5
- Sift white flour, whole meal flour, baking powder 5 seconds / speed 5
- Stir in baking bran and raw sugar 5 seconds / speed 3. Empty into another bowl and set aside.
- Add butter and golden syrup and mix 2 minutes / 80 degrees / speed 1. If not melted scrape down and repeat for 30 seconds more.
- Add yoghurt, milk, baking soda. Stir for 8 seconds / speed 1-2
- Insert Butterfly. Add banana and dry ingredients.
- Mix till just moistened. 3-5 seconds/speed 1.
- Three quarter fill greased muffin tins. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Bake 180 degrees for about 20 minutes or until cooked.
Makes about 12.
Why not go and pop the kettle on…you so deserve one!